Appreciating the finer things in life
I don't mind doing laundry but when I have to do it by hand, I mind. A lot. Today our washer decided it was going to stop washing mid-cycle. So the clothes just sat in cold, sudsy water until I realized the load in the washer was done. I opened the lid only to see the basin still half full of water. Optimistic? I think not. It was half full to begin with. I started a small load and it never finished. So I pulled all the clothes out of the washer and rinsed them in the bathtub, then let them air-dry a bit before throwing them in the dryer. I truly appreciate the washer and how much simpler it makes my life. I can only imagine what people back in the day (pre-washer/dryer era) went through. Thank God it was a small load!
Now here's to getting the washer to finish the job...
Now here's to getting the washer to finish the job...
Comments
Post a Comment