Stitches Not Necessary
Last night, after dinner, the kids went outside on the back deck to play. I was inside cleaning up after dinner. Zach was playing basketball on his Little Tikes basketball goal. His ball rolled off of the deck and Danica caught it and threw it back up. It rolled under the tiled patio table and Zach ran trying to get it by crawling under the table. But he ran into the corner of the table. He immediately started crying...very loudly...ok, screaming (according to Danica). (Matthew was outside when it happened but didn't see how it all went down.) Matthew ran over to Zach and saw the bleeding and when I heard the crying, I went to find out what happened. Matthew said he needed a paper towel while he covered the part of Zach's face that had blood gushing from it (probably so I wouldn't freak out). I gave him a paper towel and ran next door. (Our neighbor is a paramedic.) She looked at Zach's face and suggested taking him to get it stitched.
So Matthew and Zach took a trip. The doctor recommended gluing the cut instead of trying to stitch it. (He probably looked at Zach and thought 'There is no way this kid will let me stitch that close to his eye and he stay still!') So they glued his face and sent them on their way.
That's gonna leave a mark!
Little Tough Guy
Silly face
Cute, even with glue on his face
Mommy: What was the doctor's name?
Zach: I don't know.
Mommy: What was the nurse's name?
Zach: Ally. She was pretty.
'Just 2 more pictures. OK, Mommy?'
One.
Two.
Look what I got for being a big boy! A 'mulkshake' from Cook-Out.
And I got stickers too. On my boobies!
Oh, I lost count. How many pictures was that? Anyway, stitches were not necessary. But Zach did manage to remember his nurse's name was Ally. And that she was pretty. Such a boy! And he was even willing to share his shake with the rest of us. :)
Comments
Post a Comment