Controlled burns

Do you ever wonder why you have to go through the things you do? Sometimes you go through tough situations more than once, more than twice. And you still ask why. 

I know the answer. You can stop reading at anytime but unless you read this completely, you won't understand.

Recently, I heard an explanation for controlled burns. You know what controlled burns are, right? Well I didn't really understand it until a few days ago. I often wondered why in the world someone would set fire to trees on purpose. Little did I know that some trees require fire to germinate. Sequoias are one type of tree that require the heat from the fire in order to disperse seeds.

Just like those trees, we go through controlled burns, or trials, throughout our life to help us grow, if you will. You may not see the big picture while you're going through it, you may feel like the forest fire is burning you alive; but at the end of that trial, you hopefully can look back on it (and how you handled it) and say, "I'm stronger." Some people may think that God is punishing them for something they have done (or not done). But that's not true, my friend. God allows us to be tested to strengthen us, to grow us, to draw us closer to himself.  James 4:8a says, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." 


Something else to keep in mind - "God is faithful; he will not let you to be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13b. God allows us to be tested, but will provide a way out so we can endure it. He looks out for us even when we question why we go through tough times. He controls the burn! How amazing! 


So keep your head up, draw close to God, and He will draw close to you and provide a way for you!

Comments

Popular Posts