Don't you just love insurance companies?
Not many people can say that they love their insurance company. But over the last 4 months I have grown to love are dental insurance company.
Just a short background... my son had a dentist appointment, the claim was submitted by the dentist office but soon after was denied by the insurance company. Yet I love my insurance company? Yes. And here's why. I contacted them in July after receiving the first statement from the dentist office showing a balance due. The insurance company said that I should not be receiving a statement for this, the balance is not my responsibility. Why? Because the dentist office did not put pertinent information on the claim form. I then contacted the dentist office and explained that the claim needed to be resubmitted with the information necessary for processing. I even told them what info was needed and where it needed to be placed on the claim form. Believe it or not, four months later I have received a fourth statement from the dentist office.
I've called the dentist office multiple times, trying to get this resolved but my effort haven't been very effective. So I contacted the insurance company again today for the fourth time and was told that a supervisor would be contacting the dentist office in order to get this resolved.
So why do I love my insurance company? Because they're willing to go the extra mile and contact the dentist office so that the insurance company can pay. And I don't have to pay! I'm thankful for that.
Kudos to insurance companies that go the extra mile for their customers!
Comments
Post a Comment