Catching Up for Lost Time
I just realized it's been over three years since my last post. Wow! There's a lot of catching up to do. Where to start...
Most recently, Danica graduated high school this year and started college! I successfully homeschooled her! At least I think so. She is currently taking her final class for her Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts. Yes, you read that correctly. She is a senior in college. I know what your next question is. What is she going to do next? (Maybe that's not your next question. But I'm sure it's one of them.) Well, she doesn't know yet what she wants to do next but she has options. She is currently looking for a job while completing an internship at the science museum.
Rewind:
Going back to her senior year of high school, Danica played cello for the Triangle Youth Orchestra and was offered an internship with Triangle Youth Music for 2023-24. During her internship, she assisted with some administrative tasks and gained some experience in the business world. This included managing social media and creating advertisements, assisting with set up and tear down for rehearsals and concerts, filing music and preparing music folders, writing thank you letters to donors, and assisting in planning, set-up, and management of special events. I feel like I just wrote her résumé.
The boys have been participating in Civil Air Patrol at a local squadron for the last 2.5 years. They recently were presented the Amelia Earhart award for their achievement. Zach and Elliott are both Captains and hold staff leadership positions at their squadron. Elliott is the Executive Officer and Zach is the Leadership Officer. Zach is aspiring to be Squadron Commander.
Zach is in 11th grade. He loves music - playing music is his jam. He plays drums, electric guitar, bass. He can play piano by ear. Pretty much instrument he picks up, he can play. He also makes electronic music. God has blessed him with a tremendous talent and I'm so thankful he is using that talent for the Lord. Zach plays with our church music team and the youth group music team. He came home last night with a blister on his index finger from playing bass and was excited to show me. Kind of gross, but ok.
Elliott is in 10th grade this year. He loves Lego and most recently F1 Racing. Bet you can't guess what his Lego builds consist of. That's right - cars! He prints a blueprint image of a car and builds it from scratch then posts his builds online to share with the Lego building community. Elliott has a creative mind and looks at things differently. He's hoping to go into engineering in the future. Maybe the creativity of Lego builds will be to his advantage.
In a nutshell, that's it. Life is busy with three teenagers. I'll try not to wait another three years to post.
Comments
Post a Comment