A World of Difference


It’s still hard for me to believe that I went through brain surgery. That I am sitting here, feels like a miracle. And it’s all because of God granting man the talent and knowledge to “fix” what needs fixing.


At seven weeks post op, I feel totally different! Compared to just a few weeks ago, I feel much better. I was able to have an awesome Christmas celebration with my family. I was able to cook. I was able to enjoy watching my kids open presents. All without headaches.

I went to the neurologist on December 21 and saw Marie, Dr. Glenn’s PA. Marie spent quite a bit of time with Matthew and me, listening to our concerns, answering questions, and in the end, prescribing more meds. I explained to her that I have had a constant, nagging, post-surgery headache (which I knew I would, and I can deal with that), but on top of that, migraines (which I can’t deal with). She prescribed an anti-inflammatory med called Naproxen to help with the nagging headache; Verapamil is a blood pressure med that will be used as a preventative to help my arteries to “relax”; and Imitrex was prescribed to help with migraines.

I started taking the new meds that day and within a few days, noticed a huge difference. In the last week, I have had an occasional headache (which is no big deal), and the beginning of a migraine was warded off when I took Imitrex at the onset. So I am feeling great! All thanks to a great God! 

Comments

Popular Posts