Another day, another doctor visit

I went for my follow-up appointment today at the eye doctor. I had another visual field test and the results, the doctor said, were fine. He said I still missed a few of the flashing bars but overall, he wasn’t concerned with any loss of vision. So I don't have to repeat the test. Thank the Lord!

I discussed with him the uncertainty of whether or not I want to continue to wear contact lenses. Since the surgery in November, I have been unable to wear my contacts for more than just a few hours without it causing a headache or achiness behind the left eye. He said that some of the headaches may be from the contact lens prescription not being strong enough (my refraction was different…I was calling for a quarter more diopter and a slight shift in the axis). It could also be from that infection I had last month. He said I still had some of the infiltrates that were from the keratitis. I guess they are like scar tissue. So I have 10 days to decide if I want to wear my contacts or just wear glasses. If I chose to wear glasses only, I am definitely going to need some prescription sunglasses. Maybe I can get some new lenses for my sweet-looking Raybans I got years ago! J

Comments

Popular Posts