Pneumonia? Really?

The kids have been sick with a disgusting cough and runny noses for the last week. Last night, Danica complained that her ears were hurting. So, I decided to take her to the doctor this morning and have her checked out. Little did I know that he would say she has pneumonia. And sinusitis. He ears are clear, her nose is runny, she has a post-nasal drip. He prescribed antibiotics and told me she should be feeling better by the end of the week.

Then because the boys have been coughing and have runny noses too, he checked them as well. Zach was fine. Lungs - clear; ears - perfect; nose & throat - okay. Elliott...not so much. He is wheezing. If he's not better in the next few days or if the wheezing gets worse, he'll have to go in for breathing treatments and we'd have to carry a nebulizer home to continue breathing treatments until he is better.

It seems that we just can't get out of this sick rut we have been stuck in for months. I'm not even going to ask what could happen next.

Comments

Popular Posts