Danica's 1st Day of Kindergarten
Today was Danica's first day of kindergarten. She absolutely loved it! Mommy cried a little. Danica doesn't know it but Elliott missed her quite terribly.
This is how our morning went:
6:45am Danica awake and dressed
7:00am Danica ate breakfast with the boys
7:15am Danica brushed her teeth and hair
7:30am Danica stands at the door with her backpack ready to go to school
7:45am We're in the van, on the way to school
On the way there, she was telling me how excited she was and how she couldn't wait to meet her new friends.
8:00am We walked Danica to her class. Zach talked to Danica the entire time. I couldn't hear what he was saying though.
Once she got to class and saw Mrs. Welch, Danica immediately started telling her about how excited she was. She said, "I was so excited that I wanted to come to school earlier but Mommy told me I had to wait till now."
I was holding back the tears big time! My big girl is growing up.
We got back in the van, and I lost it. But I was able to pull it back together. As we were pulling out of the parking lot, Elliott starts yelling, "No Mommy! 'Tay wif Danka!" I explained that she was staying at school by herself but we would go back to get her later. We got to the stop sign and he was adamantly telling me to go the other way. I told him we were going home and he wasn't happy. He missed her terribly already.
We came back home and I tried to occupy myself so I wouldn't get too emotional. So I dusted the blinds, polished the furniture, cleaned my bathroom, did some laundry, ate lunch, and cleaned my bedroom. I felt like I checked the clock every 30 minutes! I remember looking at the clock and it was close to 12:00. I thought to myself, it's time to go get Danica. But I quickly remembered she's not in K4 this year. She's a big kid now. I had to find something else to do for 2 1/2 hours. So the boys and I read, they had quite time, and cartoon time while I made their beds.
At 2:30, I told Elliott it was time to go pick Danica up from school and he was so excited. He usually takes a nap at 2:30 but he held out to see his big sister! He fell asleep as we pulled out of the parking lot.
I'm so thankful that my kids love each other the way they do. What a special gift they are!
Comments
Post a Comment