An earthquake and a hurricane...in one week?

As unbelievable as it may seem, we experienced both an earthquake and a hurricane (Irene) this week. Tuesday, as I sat in my living room with a friend, chatting about scrapbooking, my house began to shake. My windows were shaking; my pictures on my walls were shaking.  I jumped up out of my recliner and tried not to panic. I mean why was my house shaking? I couldn't believe this was happening. I didn't know what to think. What was going on? My friend's boys were upstairs playing with Zach and Elliott and they had no idea that the house was shaking.  I mean it's odd that North Carolina would experience an earthquake...definitely a first for me! And for my friend! I'm marking that off my bucket list...surviving an earthquake...check!

And then there's Irene! I'll tell ya, hurricanes aren't nice to people that have had brain surgery! (Those are Matthew's words.) Because the barometric pressure dropped, my body ached like it had never ached. It started aching last night and lasted for most of the day today. My back felt like it did right after surgery - tight and achy. And my head felt as though it was being squeezed in a vice grip. I didn't have a "headache" but it sure didn't feel good. Thankfully, once Irene began to pull out, I started feeling so much better. It was as if there was a switch that had been flipped.

Since I started feeling better, I made some cookies at Matthew's request. :)


Comments

Popular Posts