From "Commoner" to Princess

I watched a blip of the four-hour coverage of the Royal Wedding this morning at 7am with my little princess Danica. As we sat and watched the glamorous Duchess walk down the aisle, Danica asked me why the Prince didn't kiss her. I explained that not everyone "does weddings" like we do (here in the good ol' US of A). I told her that it would be a while before they kissed as they had to walk through the palace to get to a certain balcony so everyone could see them - the Duke and Duchess. She wanted to watch, but by 7:40, I had to turn the television off so she could finish getting ready to go to school. She asked if I could DVR it! So I did. Because there is nothing like seeing a real-life prince and princess getting married, right?

It is amazing how many people, myself included, will tune into television coverage of a commoner marrying a prince. And it made me think; how many of us are tuned in for when the Bridegroom returns for His bride (us)? Are you going to be in attendance that day? Or will you just be among those that aren't interested in all the royal hype? I, myself, am so thankful that I will be in attendance that glorious day. I hope and pray that you will be too.

Comments

Popular Posts