What's the root cause?
Today, I went back for a follow-up appointment with Dr. Glenn, my neurologist. We discussed the fact that I am still having migraines; not worse, but not any better either...still the same. She asked if I could pinpoint times that I have them, remembering specifics. I could only give her specifics from the last two months since November through January were pretty much a blur.
Here's where I'm going to get a little personal. But if others suffer from this, you may understand. I explained to her that I think the migraines are triggered more when I am menstruating. In the last week, on days two-four of my cycle, I had a migraine. Those were also my heaviest days of menstruation. After that, the migraine subsided and I felt fine today. Same thing in March. Days two-four were horrible. But every other day of the month is just fine.
So we're going to try something a little different.
1) Discontinue the Naproxin. I am going to begin taking it only for the first five days of my menstrual cycle, twice a day.
2) After one month, I am to ween myself from the Verapamil by taking one every other day for two weeks, then discontinue.
She wants to determine if the meds I am currently taking are actually helping or not. If they're not helping, there's no point in taking them. But if they are, she doesn't want to discontinue both at the same time and not know which was working and which wasn't. So my job is to make a chart to keep her informed on how I am doing during this process. I am all about a chart. That's one thing I can handle...being organized! I love it!
I have an appointment to follow up in August. Hopefully, we will have some answers by then.
Here's where I'm going to get a little personal. But if others suffer from this, you may understand. I explained to her that I think the migraines are triggered more when I am menstruating. In the last week, on days two-four of my cycle, I had a migraine. Those were also my heaviest days of menstruation. After that, the migraine subsided and I felt fine today. Same thing in March. Days two-four were horrible. But every other day of the month is just fine.
So we're going to try something a little different.
1) Discontinue the Naproxin. I am going to begin taking it only for the first five days of my menstrual cycle, twice a day.
2) After one month, I am to ween myself from the Verapamil by taking one every other day for two weeks, then discontinue.
She wants to determine if the meds I am currently taking are actually helping or not. If they're not helping, there's no point in taking them. But if they are, she doesn't want to discontinue both at the same time and not know which was working and which wasn't. So my job is to make a chart to keep her informed on how I am doing during this process. I am all about a chart. That's one thing I can handle...being organized! I love it!
I have an appointment to follow up in August. Hopefully, we will have some answers by then.
Comments
Post a Comment