I'll take natural childbirth any day...


My three natural child birthing experiences were each a million times easier than what I experienced on Wednesday! The procedure went well but what happened post-procedure was killer.

After the procedure was over, I glanced at the clock on the wall. I think it was 10:40am. I was so thankful that part was over. Once I got to the recovery room, I was starving. I hadn't eaten anything since Tuesday night at 6:30pm. So blueberry muffins sounded delicious! The nurse left to get my first meal. I reached over to turn on the television and realized a slight visual disturbance in my left eye. In no time, the migraine started. The nurse came back with my muffins which were heavenly, and I told her of my migraine. She gave me Dilaudid  for the pain. I was supposed to be released at 1:20pm but because I was had nausea and vomiting, I stayed a little longer.

We got home at around 2:30pm. The nausea, vomiting, and migraine continued. It was almost unbearable. I couldn’t get comfortable. Matthew called our friend Tonya (a nurse), who suggested we call Dr. Margraf. Once Matthew got in touch with the doctor, my headache had eased off enough that I was able to doze off. I slept for about an hour. I was so exhausted. We were so afraid that I was going to have to go back to the hospital for a CAT scan to check for bleeding. Dr. Margraf told Matthew that you can’t beat resting comfortably. So there was no need to go back to the hospital. What a relief!

Comments

Popular Posts