This is the most "Manic Monday" I've had...I think...ever.

After getting the phone call this morning to inform me of the appointment with the neurosurgeon, Dr. Margraf, things started going crazy around here. The phone seemed to ring off the hook, the boys were running around (actually they were pulling ALL of the books of the bottom two shelves of the bookcase in the bonus room and throwing them on the floor), and I was trying to figure out if I would be able to pick Danica up from school or if I should have my mom pick her up.
Zach says, "Elliott did it. I just weedin'."


I immediately called Matthew to let him know of the appointment time. He met me there at 1:15pm. He is such an awesome husband…I think he loves me ;).  

During the conversation with Dr. Margraf, we learned that I have a left carotid artery aneurysm (it’s behind the left eye). The doctor told me after looking at the MRI/MRA, he wants to do an angiogram/arteriogram alone to determine the shape of the aneurysm before proceding. If it is bulb-shaped or like a berry hanging from a branch, we can have the endovascular coiling procedure done. If it is more rounded/squared around the vessel, he will have to take a different approach...clamping it. (At this point, I thought of the possibility that I may have to lose a little hair.) We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it, I guess. He also said that the migraines could be a result of the aneurysm pressing on the meninges (outer covering of the brain). If that’s the case, maybe he can resolve that as well.

So it all starts this week.

Wednesday, 9/15 at 7am, I will be at Wake Med for the angiogram. I should be back home after lunch. Then, I follow up with Dr. Margraf on Monday, 9/20 at 9am to determine which course of action he plans to take.  

Thank you all who have been praying and offering to help out. We really appreciate it. We love you all. Please continue to keep us in prayer. 

Comments

Popular Posts