It's oh so close!
After Lori handed me a piece of paper titled "Risks and complications of surgery: Craniotomy for Aneurysm", I became a little apprehensive about this whole brain surgery thing. "I read, understand, considered, and accept the risks and complications of this surgery." I signed my name. But I remembered Dr. Fukushima saying "1%" that something could go wrong. He was 99% certain that this surgery would go well.
After telling everyone for so long that "the surgery is in November", I could hardly believe myself when I said just this week, "My surgery is Friday." Matthew has been counting down the days till surgery on his facebook. And then yesterday, Dr. Zomorodi's secretary, Elizabeth called to ask if I could come in to the hospital at 3pm on Thursday for an overnight stay. I was so surprised that I didn't even ask questions. Then when I did call back, I had to leave two messages. I finally spoke with Elizabeth today and she said he wanted to do a high-dose steroid treatment the night before surgery to reduce inflammation. I told her I would much rather stay home and get a good night's rest and kiss my kids Friday morning. (And of course, I started crying.) She said she would call me back after she talked with the doctor.
Elizabeth called back to say she spoke with the doctor and told him about our previous conversation. Dr. Zomorodi said to her, "Say nothing more. Friday it is." I owe him so many thank yous!
After telling everyone for so long that "the surgery is in November", I could hardly believe myself when I said just this week, "My surgery is Friday." Matthew has been counting down the days till surgery on his facebook. And then yesterday, Dr. Zomorodi's secretary, Elizabeth called to ask if I could come in to the hospital at 3pm on Thursday for an overnight stay. I was so surprised that I didn't even ask questions. Then when I did call back, I had to leave two messages. I finally spoke with Elizabeth today and she said he wanted to do a high-dose steroid treatment the night before surgery to reduce inflammation. I told her I would much rather stay home and get a good night's rest and kiss my kids Friday morning. (And of course, I started crying.) She said she would call me back after she talked with the doctor.
Elizabeth called back to say she spoke with the doctor and told him about our previous conversation. Dr. Zomorodi said to her, "Say nothing more. Friday it is." I owe him so many thank yous!
We are thinking of you and praying for you constantly, Jessica! God will be with you and the Dr tomorrow!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Alisa! :)
ReplyDelete