She said she loves me!


At about 6:15 after I got off of the phone with a couple of co-workers, I found myself alone, so I went to the 2nd floor to let the ICU staff know who I was and that I would be leaving for the night.  I got to the waiting area and made a call using the staff phone.  I was told that she wasn't there quite yet (still in recovery), but if I hung out another 15min or so I would be able to see her.  Am I glad I waited!  I spent about 45min with her before I told her that it was time for me to go home and take care of our three beautiful children.  She was coherent, very groggy and slurred in speech, in a lot of pain, but clearly not delirious because she said she loved me!  To be more accurate, it went more like this: "Do you still love me?" "More than ever, " she managed to get out ever so quietly.  I can't imagine how anyone could be more blessed than me.




Comments

  1. Matt & Jessie I am so happy to hear all went well, I will continue to pray for a smooth speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts