Just spoke with the surgeon
As I am speaking with my cousin who just arrived at about 4:15, I see a weary-looking Dr. Zomorodi walking my way, smile on his face.
He said that everything was fine, but it took a long time due to the location of the aneurysm and the fact that he and Dr. Fukushima were not super-excited about the way the clip was working. So they placed it again and did another angiogram and were much happier. At that point they closed her up and were done.
At this point, Jessica will be sleeping while the anesthesia wears off, which will be at least 8-9 hours. Dr. Zomorodi said the earliest I could see her is well after midnight. I explained that Jessica and I agreed that I would go home and be with the kids tonight, and he said that was a good idea since I can't do anything here.
As far as complications, Dr. Zomorodi said her left eye will be affected by the procedure. It will take about three months for it to function properly again. Best of all they did not have to go through her neck as they said this morning might be the case.
Thank you so much for your prayers throughout the day. I am overwhelmed by the love and support my family has. We literally have hundreds of people thinking about and praying for us, and I am truly humbled by each and every one of you.
Please continue to pray as we still have a long recovery road ahead of us. I'll continue to keep you posted...
He said that everything was fine, but it took a long time due to the location of the aneurysm and the fact that he and Dr. Fukushima were not super-excited about the way the clip was working. So they placed it again and did another angiogram and were much happier. At that point they closed her up and were done.
At this point, Jessica will be sleeping while the anesthesia wears off, which will be at least 8-9 hours. Dr. Zomorodi said the earliest I could see her is well after midnight. I explained that Jessica and I agreed that I would go home and be with the kids tonight, and he said that was a good idea since I can't do anything here.
As far as complications, Dr. Zomorodi said her left eye will be affected by the procedure. It will take about three months for it to function properly again. Best of all they did not have to go through her neck as they said this morning might be the case.
Thank you so much for your prayers throughout the day. I am overwhelmed by the love and support my family has. We literally have hundreds of people thinking about and praying for us, and I am truly humbled by each and every one of you.
Please continue to pray as we still have a long recovery road ahead of us. I'll continue to keep you posted...
Comments
Post a Comment